BC$   AB$

Domaine François Villard

Starting his vineyards in 1989, François Villard is considered one of the passionate pioneers in the renaissance of North Rhône Valley wines producing benchmark wines that express the qualities of the vines and terroir. The attention paid to the vines and the care taken to preserve these specific terroirs are constant and accompany the culture throughout the year. The harvest is decided plot by plot so that each bunch is harvested with perfect maturity.

2018 AOC Saint Peray - Version

70% Marsanne & 30% Roussanne

Produced from the fruit of 27 year old vines growing in granitic and clay soil. After pressing the grapes are fermented with indigenous yeasts at cool tempertature in wooded barrels with a weekly batonnage over a period of 6 months. It was then aged in 3-5 year old oak barrels sur lies for a further 11 months. It has an ageing potential of another 5 to 7 years.

SKU: 566042

2018 AOC Condrieu - Les Terrasses du Palat


From 32 year old vines grown on granite and quartz soils. Fermentation in wood barrels at low temperature using indigenous years; with a once per month battonage for six months followed by 11 more sur lies in 20% new oak and 80% 3-5 year old barriques.

Load of peaches, apricots and honeysuckle; an expansive mouthful to say the least.This is a white with 10 years ageing potential!

SKU: 358267

2020 Vin de France - l'Appel des Sereines Syrah


Produced from 15 year old vines grown on degrading granitic soils. Fermentation took place over two weeks in open tanks with 45% of the grapes still in whole berries. Then 40% of the wine was aged in large barrels and the remaining 60% aged in 3 to 5 year old small barriques.

This 100% Syrah shows of the northern Rhone beautifully with bold aromas of violets, spice and blackberry.  It has a lasting persistence in the mouth. This wine can benefit from ageing for up to 10 more years.

SKU: 898981

2018 AOC Saint Joseph - Mairlant Rouge


100% Syrah grown on granite soils with the age of vines 30 years.  Fermented in stainless steel and oak then aged for 18 months in oak barrels (10% new and 90% 2-4 years old). It has a cellaring potential 15 years.

SKU: 358275

2018 AOC Côte Rotie - Le Gallet Blanc

99% Syrah & 1% Viognier

Produced from 25 year old vines grown on schist and quartz soils. 50% whole clusters and 50% pressed grapes are fermented in open wooden and stainless steel tanks for two weeks.  Then oak aged for 18 months in barrels, 50% of which are new.  It can benefit from cellaring for another 10 years.

SKU: 358325

2020 AOC Cornas "Jouvet"

SKU: 047558

2020 Viognier - Les contours de Deponcins

SKU: 047561